Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Sparta when you say things like ``Only luck and good fortune will improve the price`` it defies what Chris called ``Logical  sense``. 

There is a big population of Chinese people that believe and practice ``Feng Shui``which is a pseudoscience based on beliefs, or practices that is claimed to be both scientific and factual, but is incompatible with the scientific method.

POET is setting some significant roots in China where Feng Shui is often practiced in how buildings are arranged. It is possible that POET may gain some benefit from this however I prefer to regard POETs success more as a result of both good science and good management.

Clearly Suresh is a visionary with a deep understanding of the science which is why he was the Senior Vice President of Technology Development at GLOBALFOUNDRIES responsible for the company’s Technology Research and Development.

The acquisition of the dielectric technology and creating a platform which enables the connection and manipulation of light through a low temperature and completely automated high speed low cost process has provided a path for optical integration by which the global electronics industry has been built on. I don’t believe that luck or good fortune had anything to do with the state of the semiconductor industry today. It was the evolution of technology and that is what POET represents and is why leading companies are paying POET to develop advanced products based on this new platform.

The cost reduction as it is  published today for a POET platform based optical  engine would be expected to  grow as the process migrates to  12’ silicon wafer size. The evolution of semiconductor industry to build smaller more energy efficient electronic devices at lower cost is a path that the POET platform can be expected to follow.

I don’t believe luck and good fortune have anything to do with it. Just hard work of very smart people.

New Message
Please login to post a reply