Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

You questions Baba.

Q…Are we considered one of the transceiver guys?

A…No. POET does not build transceivers they build components that manage the conversion from electronics to optics for the transmission of data and the conversion from optics to electronics for receiving data. POET builds optical  engines  that are designed for the transceiver guys.

………………………………………………………………………

In most mature industries, three large diversified companies typically dominate the marketplace. 

Q…I hope no one thinks the above is a reference to POET.  Please let me know if anyone does.

A…I think you are the only one who believes that Baba…lol

……………………………………………………………………

This is a big industry and the opportunity today and going forward is big,” says Hurlston. But there are so many players in different parts of the supply chain such that he is unsure whether these niche companies will survive in the long run.

Whether there will be three, four or five large players, I don’t know

Q…I assume the above means smaller companies will either fail or get bought out. Would II-VI be interested in us

A…I think he was making reference to the big companies who are part of the supply chain that need to  diversify. For  example companies that played a big roll in multimode fiber technology. That demand collapsed in favour of single mode but the VCSEL production remained valuable when repurposed for sensing applications. Something like what happened to Anadigics although it was more than that as their RF amplifier business dried up.

Smaller companies are an important engine for innovation.

Yes II-VI would love to gain access to the optical  interposer. And maybe they have.

…………………………………………………………………………….

"How will Finisar make optical transceivers in such a competitive marketplace, that includes an increasing number of Chinese entrants, while delivering gross margins that meet Wall Street expectations?"

Q…Is the above an area where the Poet tech can help a company like Finisar, soon to be a part of lI-VI deliver those gross margins?

A…A  very big yes.

Q…What part does the optical interposer play in all of the above? 

The optical interposer can be a solution to low cost optical integration that industry is looking for in data and sensing applications.

It can't get any cheaper, more efficient, more robust, smaller footprint  than solid state micro-fabrication. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply