Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I started looking for the answer to Gig’s question in the Nov 29 webcast and that search served as a good reminder of some of the insight that was provided.

During the Q&A MacMurry Whale – Cormark asked basically whether customers could be expected to  prefund commercial orders.  

Suresh Venkatesan: Let me take that Mac. I would answer that on the two vectors for 100G implementation, of course, customers already have their solutions locked in and what we're going to do is to replace an incumbent. So, the, burden of proof is on us. And so we need to be able to demonstrate the performance capability. And they're already convinced about the disruptive cost structure so that the burden of proof is on us. On -- for 400G, it's a design-in activity and there is potential as we have recently demonstrated through our announcement for customers to put some investment upfront in our ability to both accelerate and demonstrate and get designed in. Now, I think once qualified, of course, there is always potential to negotiate on working capital needs for ramp and so on and so forth, but at least through the contract that we currently announced, there are customers willing to put some skin in the game and some upfront investment to realize the potential benefits that we can offer them in their architectures.

New Message
Please login to post a reply