Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Lumenge,

Baba, I'm sure you are not wondering why the best and brightest tech investment minds in the world are so oblivious, while those of us here are so enlightened. I know that thought has never ever crossed my mind more than a thousand times. 

But is this not just the standard curse of any new spark of geniuses from a little firm.  There will always be resistance to new ideas, including from tech investment experts, if an innovation does not fit their view of the path of technical development why should they bother to alter their thought structure.  

I attended a training day for Trustees at Newton Investments London recently.  They are a major firm for charitable investment funds in the UK. In the past I have gone along with their themed approach to investment ideas including their choice of certain major tech companies working in the ‘right’ areas. Firstly a small firm like POET is certainly not a major and off their radar.  Secondly, I was particularly surprised on this occasion to hear that Tech as a theme was not the flavour of the month and consequently a sector in which they had reduced their coverage.  The reports and DD they do are oft externaly sources and frankly I don’t think so called experts can spot the nuances of tech potential.  There’s too much out there to follow unless it’s ‘big’.

My conclusion is that it is the market choices made by savvy customers over the right product at the right price, delivered efficiently, that will flag PTK up as a winner.  Not the world of tech pop pickers who will see nothing until it’s hit the top twenty.

Those thousands of little nightmares Lumenge and others is just very human self  doubt because we don’t have a herd to follow.  This board does know more than so called experts and we should believe in our leaders new found confidence and the noises off.

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply