Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Nice thinking Moska: « what will be the value of DenseLight in the futur? »

Well if all goes as planned DenseLight will grow to be No1 provider of InP Photonics chips, that’s POET’s plan and the way DenseLight has been redesigned. New product developments can be accelerate if additional financial means are provided.  

Now if the potential buyer is a highly specialized light source chips provider I would think the same can be achieved in the GaAs materiel system, of course additional R&D investments and facility expansion will be necessary. 

---------
Let me rephrase what I am asking...

I am operating under the assumption that DL is being sold to someone who wants in on an early advantage deploying the interposer. Perhaps that assumption is wrong, but let me run with that...

What can the value be to the acquirer AFTER this interposer gets released? perhaps two or three years down the road? At some point, one would guess that the positioning value of having acquired Denselight in 2019 for the interposer would stop paying off with regard to future POET offerings. After all, POET will no longer own the company. This is the dynamic I am trying to understand with regard to this deal... because it SEEMS that POET is still staffing up on DL and it SEEMS that there would be some sort of continuing relationship between them.

That's why I asked if this was some sort of loss-leader - a sale of convenience in order to gain the pole position on receipt of interposer product. Perhaps it would be sold back again to POET if they might again need the facilities? 

New Message
Please login to post a reply