Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

C'mon, guys, let's use Occem's Razor on this one week delay - it is likely not a good thing.  I would put it at about 70% chance being negative, 20% being neutral and 10% being good.  Delays are generally not a good thing.  Are people afraid to type that on this message board?

On the bad, it could signal real problems with finalizing the purchase and sale agreement and documents ancillary thereto.  Are there issues in deal points, in raising money for the close, is one or the other party or both too unreasonably and hardline? 

The market (in)action did foreshadow something along these lines might occur. 

Don't blame the lawyers on either side as far a documenting the deal, they don't cause something this important to be delayed, they get it done.  Now, that's not to say that lawyers arguing over deal points may have contributed.  Depends how much client control over their lawyers the parties have.

I don't believe we will get a candid explanation for the delay, assuing we get one at all, which, given people's plans are tossed around, they should out of courtesy explain with a little detail.

I earlier said no market moving news this week, and I really hope I'm right on that now.  Cuz there's only one way this even will move the market without a further, positive release.

I'd love to hear that someone bigger has approached POET and want to take the deal off everyone's hands!  But that's dreaming.  

Now negative news comes in all sorts of flavors, so if it turns out to be viewed as negative by the market (I'm sure most here will not recognize a negative story about Poet at this point), it could be an overreaction, and underreaction or a Goldilocks reaction.  But unless we know more about the reason, we're going to be hardpressed to figure whether the reaction, if any, is justified.

That's what I'm feeling, and setting it forth here makes it less likely that my pessimism wil be justified, so perhaps you'll thank me by end of tomorrow's trading.

I think there's a decent shot of some good news tomorrow to counterbalance this postponement.

New Message
Please login to post a reply