Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Firstly we need to review what POET brings to the table. The following post provides some good perspective with a small overview that was extracted from an Ayer Labs research report. And just to remind everyone that when I asked SV about insertion loss below .5db as well as waveguide loss below .5db/cm those metrics are holding up and have been demonstrated. So yes this is a pretty extreme improvement achieved at very low cost that has our CEO very excited about the future applications for the optical interposer. It is important to understand that it can provide improvements that are applicable to many approaches that industry uses for optical integration.

https://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/723784-juniper-networks-a-new-manufacturing-approach-to-optical-transceivers/messages/2224572

So what do I mean by complicated in a good way? When we consider what POET brings to the table it would not be difficult to see how POET could be dealing with the biggest of fabs or even the biggest fab who services multiple customers.

Consider the article that Wake provided in the off topic.   

https://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/off-topic/topics/728640-cisco-looks-to-acquire-acacia-communications/messages/2236057#message

Now consider what improvement that POET would bring to that relationship. In other words Luxtera has done extensive work to improve their silicon using TSMC and now Cisco is buying Luxtera. Now consider what POET could bring to that relationship. But wait what about the customers in China?

Again it is complicated but in a good way because it would not surprise me if the deal is much more comprehensive than any of us realize.

Bottom line is that the POET platform is that good that everyone will want a foot in the door to have their interest protected.

I visualize the management team being pulled in many directions in a tug of war.

Make sure you read the links I provided.

New Message
Please login to post a reply