Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I listened to the entire presentation and was very impressed with what the company had to say. Sure, there is a further delay, but that's not unexpected when you're doing something that has never been done before.

I found SV very humble, even when describing what he had done with that filter, turning it from a pinprick of light into a wide band of light; you could tell he was very impressed what he had done, yet almost laughing that no one in the crowd could appreciate just how difficult it was to do.

I really wish someone would've asked at what point SV was going to kick back, light a stoogie and say this invention is complete...will it be 6 months from now? I realize they will continue to develop it and use the building blocks to develop an endless (so it seems) array of products, but when the OI has all the components attached, functioning and qualified. That was another aha moment, when he described how each component needs to be qualified before being attached to the OI for qualification therein....it all takes a lot of time.

I was also impressed with Lily Wu, who only needed to be asked one question and then was ready to lay out the entire process for consumption. She was a breath of fresh air. One thing I would've asked her is why is such a small sum of money (in her own estimation, pocket change) is taking so long to get appoved by the government....I know the Chinese are likely hyper-vigilant with the current trade issues occuring but really, $30M? That's not much cash for a lot of people.

I remember RvH saying years ago that this is really hard science, that it will not come easily, and was likely the reason he bailed...he just couldn't wait that long. Well, it now seems like there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a locomotive coming...it's a huge opportunity.

Kizzy, that was a great piece of humour, you may have stepped over JTB.

New Message
Please login to post a reply