Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Doubt I believe that they are planning for a PR push and I know that includes a white paper. And they have also been considering what a video presentation would look like. They have been extremely busy and that is probably not going to change but I think there will be a point in time where they see sustainable benefits that justify the time, effort  and cost. In other words they will get to it when they can get to it and when it can be expected to have a meaningful impact backed up by a deliverable. 

I think we are beginning to see signs that it's coming. The AGM was a good example of how they have some tangible results to present...The first ever integrated CWDM solid state filter for multiplexing. This is part of the future. The connectivity of light by a fabric that can be manipulated to precisely shape the light beam so that the light is tightly confined and transferred through the butt joints that connect the active devices and/or the fiber.  And all achieved through a microfabrication flow that does not require humans to make physical alignments to fix each connection in place. Achieved and tested using known good die at wafer scale at high throughput.

By the way when I asked at the end of the AGM who was heading over to Jack Asters the first person to respond was Suresh. I really think the AGM presentation is a prelude to what we can expect in the future in terms of preparing to open up everyone’s eyes to what they have created. A low cost solution to manipulate and connect light very efficiently for high volume data transfer and  sensing requirements that are becoming increasingly required by a modern society.

New Message
Please login to post a reply