Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I recall when Ajit was brought on, and I thought how spectacular that was, and POET must have something otherwise why would he join.

Yes we all felt that way. There is a difference though. The common ground between what Geoff Taylor created over a long period of time and Bill Ring's dielectric arrayed waveguide is  they both needed to be developed. And until the time and effort was spent it was not clear whether viability could be achieved in today's environment.

It looked good on paper.

Today we are so far beyond that with the OI platform. The concept has been adapted to the most advanced heterogeneous integration processes available based on the world of semiconductors which Suresh dominated at a working level. It is real and it is why Vivek who is an expert in the world of optics has joined Suresh at this critical time in this company’s evolution. 

I don’t think we are looking at the same burden of qualification that existed in qualifying individual active devices. I think it is more about process at this time but I hope to find out those answers.

New Message
Please login to post a reply