Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

One of the take-aways from discussions last week with the Vivek (and this is by no means a quote). Vivek has a very clear picture of what POET's capability is and the stage of development of the platform. How POET stacks up against other technologies associated with companies that are developing technologies in the same space.  

The conclusion is that POET is significantly undervalued and I believe that a big part of Vivek's role will be to advise the market what this platform is and how it fits industries needs better than anything that anyone else is doing. And in doing so  the  valuation applied to POET will be lifted to a more comparable level in line with companies which are at least in the same space but do  not  have a disruptive platform.

When I was at the AGM I was pretty adamant that the message of what this platform offers needs to be communicated effectively to the market.  I believe that it is one of the roles that Vivek will play. I am confident that those efforts will bear fruit and from my point of view and from others the market cap of this company should justify multiples of what it is right now based on comparables.

An observation I think is fair to share. POET has had a past history of failures and promises that greatly overhanging this company. And I know that a very big part of the management’s role in terms of communicating with shareholders has been to try to tone down our expectations. The problem is that it has worked to well to the point where any share price momentum has been effectively supressed by caution.

The new prez clearly has a different approach. He is here for one reason. He fully believes that POET can be the answer that industry needs, and I think he believes that industry adoption is going to occur rather quickly once products are available as opposed to the guarded tones that have existed. He is not constrained by the past mistakes.

I think we are going to see a significant impact in the share price before this year ends based on rationalizing comparables that exist today and the extreme difficulties that the industry is facing today in its efforts scale up existing technologies.

Recognizing that with more money POET can accelerate their development according to the response I received at the AGM. A very big chunk of money is waiting for the share price to move higher. The .75 warrants were only exercisable for 2 years. $18 million in warrants are set to expire on March 21.

POET TECHNOLOGIES COMPLETES C$13.8 MILLION A BOUGHT DEALA FINANCING

Poet Technologies Inc. has completed its previously announced bought deal financing of $11,999,900, plus the exercise in full by a syndicate of underwriters led by Cormark Securities Inc. and including H.C. Wainwright & Co. LLC of the overallotment option of $1,799,985 for total gross proceeds of $13,799,885. The total number of units of the company issued under the offering was 25,090,700. Each unit consisted of one common share of the company and one-half of one common share purchase warrant. Each warrant entitles the holder to purchase one common share at a price equal to 75 cents for a period of 24 months following the closing of the offering which took place today.

I am very optimistic that we are at a major turning point.   

New Message
Please login to post a reply