Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Going concern - liquidity requirements disclosure - Cash flows

Dear investors (not traders),

Please be advised that every TSX listed public company must make a disclosure when their cash/ working capital position doens't allow the company to operate for the next 12 months.

Because of this disclosure requirement, POET had to state that as September 30, 2019, that they would need to find more funds to continue to operate for the next 12 months. That didn't mean at all that they would do a public financing.

Also note that these required statement will always be made as of the date of the financials.

For the record, I've both written and published financial statements (FS) and MD&A.

This statement in Q3-2019 is absolutely no big deal beacause the sale of Denselight happened after September 30th, 2019 and brought in the required funds to keep POET going until it get the next installment.

As a matter of fact,  POET is selling Denselight which has required a lot of funding for both operations and capital investment.

It is 10-12M$ that had to be directed towards the financing of operations and upgrading the facility. Based upon my quick review of the latest available FS, over the last 2 years, the continuing operations of POET has required half of Denselight, i.e approximately 5-6M$.

Just wanted to chime in as I believe that this "required financing" thread went a little bit out of proportions.

Have a great day

New Message
Please login to post a reply