Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I have not given much thought to POET over the last couple weeks. It just did not seem to be a good use of time and frankly my heart just has not been in it. Today as we pickup Cooper’s ashes I just want to say thank you to all the people who reached out to me. It really did help a lot.

Regarding POET I think that we all know what we need to know about what the plan is and what the products will be. And this company has shown itself to be so resilient with many moves being made so far in advance which is necessary to intersect the market that POET is establishing.

So POET recently hired an expert in optical integration as the president and it was fascinating for me to hear him speak about why he joined this company and what sets POET apart from what is available to industry today. And that hire did not just happen out of the blue it is a small circle of people who are at the cutting edge of optical integration and they cross paths often. I believe the hire of Vivek has allowed Suresh to focus more on commercial execution and allowed him to spend the rest of the year in Singapore to set up the new lab/test facility. Which by the way is a short walk around the corner from DL.

You will all recall that DL was named as a participant in the new Photonics Innovation Center in Singapore back in November of 2018. https://www.palomartechnologies.com/news-room/press-releases/palomar-technologies-intensifies-footprint-in-southeast-asia-with-first-photonics-innovation-center-in-singapore

At that time I was told that POET was not planning to issue a PR as it was more of a local issue which made no sense to me. But of course now it does.

All moves that are being made point to one thing. The technology is sound and it is  ground breaking. Why would SV be spending all this time setting up operations in Singapore if there was not a certainty that it was going to be used for commercial operations?

Don’t sweat the timing of the news release. There is a lot of work going on and I am afraid the market is apparently low on the priority list right now. Most companies promote and try to keep the share price up by putting out news on anything they can.  Anyone looked at the website lately…It is so  far out of date and to  me the lack of  effort suggests that ether they are not  relying on any PR at the moment or are preparing a new website… which is  total speculation on my part. But the one thing regarding the lack of effort towards PR right now indicative of what is to  come, I  think there will be significant newsworthy events coming which will generate significant interest which at that time I expect POET to  PR the $hit out of this company. Sorry for the language.

You all have a good year and keep your sense of humour!

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply