Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I have so much respect for the people here. I really do. I think we know who our genuine posters are. Honestly this forum does great work but people are stressed and it is not their fault. And it is not the companies fault. It is a matter of circumstance and timing and being invested in a new technology. What really bugs me is that the share price absolutely does not reflect anything near what this breakthrough can become. We are numb to it. The share price is where it is because they have not shown the goods in a way that leaves no doubt. Some people equate recognition to sales and orders. But as we have all learned this is a slow process. It is taking as long as it takes. I think we all recognize the angst that was created when there were multiple announcements around T1. It should have taught us a lesson and I think it did.  

I wrote the above several days ago and never posted.

Tonight's thoughts:

I must admit that the Cisco reveal has me a little excited. I have no idea whether they are going to provide enough detailed information to identify a POET optical interposer application I guess we will see. But I decided to have a look at some of the most recent Luxtera patents.

I am not seeing anything that could be confused with POET’s optical interposer platform. Extensive use of optical grating couplings does not point to coupling efficiencies beyond what currently exists and their mux/demux patent is exactly as Suresh explained re existing methods during the AGM. Not CMOS compatible and bulky.

Method and system for a free space CWDM MUX/DEMUX for integration with a grating coupler based silicon photonics platform

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10355805B2/en

I do believe that POET is working with CISCO. The optical interposer platform represents a breakthrough whether it is ready to be unveiled or talked about yet who knows but it sure would be nice to see those floodgates open.

Jan 21, 2020 05:05PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply