Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

So to just focus for a moment on what the customer’s needs are. When I listened to the CISCO presentation yesterday it is clear that power requirements to drive the optics become very critical at the high densities associated with a terabit level interface.

The CISCO presentation pointed to the power requirements being a critical parameter. It is apparent that the inefficient coupling efficiency of existing technologies is a big problem for industry. And that has been highlighted by the current POET management and specifically by our new president who knows a thing or two about silicon photonics (MACOM). Losses as high as 50% are not uncommon. Knowing that highly efficient coupling created by the optical interposer is critical to capturing the market I asked about this back when the debenture meetings were taking place. A lot of Suresh’s presentation at the 2018 CIOE conference was devoted to mode control and coupling efficiencies. I believe that presentation by Suresh captured industry attention. So I was able to confirm that those numbers are valid and have been demonstrated.

When our new president presented to the debenture holders it was one of the first things he talked about. It surprised many of us that losses were so high within the industry and we used MACOM’s light source integration into silicon as a benchmark. There can be little doubt that in order to  meet the power requirements needed to  drive terabit level densities that higher levels of coupling efficiencies beyond existing technologies is  required. That is one of many areas where POET’s platform excels.

https://poet-technologies.com/docs/presentations/POET%20CIOE%20Presentation_Sept_2018_FINAL.pdf

New Message
Please login to post a reply