Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Copied from above, bold is mine:

"Together, these recent orders represent a material increase in the overall revenue run-rate for the Company and are expected to be fulfilled beginning now through mid-2019.  POET’s latest reported revenue for the six months ending June 30, 2018 was US$1,425,427 (CAD$1,869,804), which was entirely from sales of light source products for the sensing market."

I find it intriguing that a $3M increase to the revenue run rate is considered material enough to necessitate that news release and yet shareholders are left to speculate on whether $13M has or has not be received in accordance with the Denselight PSA (Purchase & Sales Agreement).

It wouldn't take much for IR to draft a short NR to report the receipt of $13M so that shareholders are kept abreast of the payment progress. As I posted some time ago, the receipt or non-receipt may not be the issue but the amount of $13M certainly is material relative to the Poet balance sheet.

Some have speculated that funds have been received and have supported their opinion and others have speculated that it remains unpaid. My point is that the shareholders should not have to speculate due to the impact on the PSA and the amount involved. Shareholders should not have to speculate on so much of the company's progress. While I can appreciate and understand the commuication policy, it is frustrating when company representatives feel it necessary to make certain statements about an 8th component being completed by the end of 2019 but then do not provide shareholders with an update.

I just think they need to consider updating shareholders on matters that have been presented to the shareholders either when presented or verbalized

New Message
Please login to post a reply