Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

I'm most grateful to those who who expanded on the Cisco/Intel comment TM made in his presentation yesterday.

Why TM made that comment emphasises that the POET OI solution is not only the first integrated optical electrical solution made and tested at chip scale (500 on an eight inch disc) but its production process is faster and cheaper than the current offering from the major silicon photonics manufacturers of CISCO and INTEL where their process requires mirror alignment involving human intervention. ie their manufacturing process is more costly and time consuming.  TM is saying we are ahead of the competition as gently as he can.  When it comes to production runs of the POET OI manufacturing output will be at light speed in comparison to the competition and scaling up for large orders therefore more achievable.  

The company promised an inflection point in the way it communicates its message, so for me it's difficult to understand why some here would feel disappointed when the company fires its first broadside to that end. Remember that the NR for the broadcast (see news on the web site) clearly states the presentation was aimed at a customer and analyst base that cannot attend trade conferences, which in the current climate of avoiding a potential pandemic is a moot point.

Next week a second broadside will be fired at attendees of the conference .  I speculate that our much aligned investor relations firm's guns should also be already primed and aimed at the press corps with relevant releases extolling the virtues of POET's first disruptive product in the POET Optical Interposer.

I also hope by now all here have had the opportunity to see the much improved Company web site and will recognise that a well planned PR campaign has clearly began to sell POET's advantages to a wider audience.  The publication of mandatory reports in April will provide firmer evidence confirming to an already alerted audiance just how well this company is doing and the fantastic investment opportunity it now represents.

Finally, the comments TM made about POET's intentions in China, I think he said the OI was to be adopted as a standard, (please confirm), to me points to something that will become a major factor in POET's fortunes.  Not much can be said about it but surely that was a hint much larger in intelligence value than our dot connecting efforts on the board.

This inflection point is going to be big and it's effects BIG. It's therefore great to be a long provided one has learned to control natural impatience and the are we there yet syndrome.  Time has been slow in passing but getting this year right will make 2021 exceptional.  With a working Opical Interposer, this inflection point represents the end of the beginning for PTI.

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply