Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Just wanted to point out a few things as I was reading through the JV transcript. A few things have already been discussed in the plethora of post when first announced. I wanted to summarize it a bit. 

The JV is a separate entity from Poet and SANAN. The venture is targeting the 100g and 200g market globally. The 400g basically in greater China area only, for the purpose of data and telecommunication applications.

To me this JV is taylored around the T1 company. Who is clearly interested in 400g applications. Especially in the states. And anywhere else outside of China. Unless different than data and telecommunication applications. Lets say it is Cisco. I don't know how much business they are doing there nowadays with the China US trade war going on? My point is I believe things are still progressing on time between Poet and the Tier 1.

The other thing I thought was the JV would alleviate some concerns with the Tier 1 for scalability concerns. I think this separate from the Tier 1 but I don't know if the JV can manufacture a product for them but sell it in a non competetive area? I think InThisThinRain had it right when he reminded us of Silterra's arrangement with Poet on the manufacturing process.

And lastly the combined contributions of working capital and value of Intellectual property will exceed 50 million. And Poet is contributing 47% of that amount through intellectual propery and know how. So they are assigning a value of 23,500,000 from Poet based on the OI at this juncture.

Again this is nice. It shows confidence and acceptance of Poet and the OI by others but I am longing for the day of the Tier 1 announcement. An NRE or some form of business arrangement. I don't think it will be too much longer. My guess still is September or October. Shortly after the AGM. 

Just my opinion. Please do your own DD

Best of luck to us all!

New Message
Please login to post a reply