Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I've had this thought that's an itch you can't quite scratch.

When the sale of DL was first announced there was the great fanfare about a tight partnership between POET and DL after the transfer of ownership and the much announced scenario by the head of sales at DL that POET was transitioning from being our boss to  being our "best customer". "Customer", as in you are purchasing something from us, not "supplier" as in you are selling us something.

Then we have had this whole "delay the tranche" game with China Prosper concerning the payment of the original purchase price of Denselight and perhaps there was someone else interested in DL.

Perhaps it was Sanan that was this mysterious "third party" and rather than buy into DL, POET began negotiating with Sanan diectly and I think China Prosper caught wind of the negotiations going on between them. I suspect that there is some familial relationship beteen some of the China Prosper people and someone at Sanan.

As a result, China Prosper was fairly quick to realize that they were being cut out of POET's supply chain in favour of an existing foundry at Sanan and the whole DL greenfield expansion in China could fall through because of this.

China Prosper is now annoyed with POET and demands an adjustment to the sale price. POET's CFO acknowledges the failue to pay the final tranche to shareholders and hopes it can be resolved "to a mutually beneficial  result"

The LOI with Sanan is revealed to Sharholders and at the same time our CFO states emphatically that the DL final tranche will be in hand in less that a week.

Occam's razer says that either POET sweetened the purchase agreement and satisfied CP enough for them to release the funds, or, and more likely, Sanan agreed to pay the outstanding 5 million to POET directly, to satisfy the China Prosper people and to secure the exclusive rights to the data model of the OI in China!

IMO, of course

New Message
Please login to post a reply