Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
This is what Mika said about the Tier 1. 

« We are now placed in a category with other vendors and we are competing for business with other suppliers of lasers and other devices and frankly we feel we have a built in advantage there. What we would deliver is lasers aligned on a light bar. Because it’s a tender there is not very much more I can say about that nor can I identify who that North American partner/customer is  « 

What was surprising was that we have had almost a 2 year relationship with this Tier 1 company and we executed on 8 requested deliverables.Some were industry firsts. Why are we competing with other suppliers. It’s possible it’s just a formality. Hopefully we know soon enough. 

The Q1 report stated 
« We successfully completed a series of milestones proving the fundamental concepts and viability of the Optical Interposer platform and are now well into the design of optical engines for data center transceivers. This accomplishment served to validate our long-standing vision for POET’s technology and we continue to engage closely with prospective customers on product design, development and deployment programs.”

David Lazovsky mentioned in the past this tier 1 is a publicly traded company that has a history of acquisitions. The Tier one company knows the optical interposer benefits better than anybody. 

That one line Mika said on the April call sticks in my mind 
«  does it work and can you supply it « 

Time will tell. 

AIMHO

New Message
Please login to post a reply