Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I was interested to see that POET has also produced Multi-Mode compliant mux/de-mux (as per the website update).  My guess is this effort is associated with LIDAR applications as well as efforts to increase the capacity of existing multi-mode fiber communications.

A high level of performance of a De-Multiplexer is more difficult to achieve.  Shown I are the results of both Single and Multi-Mode waveguide integrated DeMux devices.

Both Single Mode and Multi-Mode 4-channel filters show minimal “insertion loss”, i.e., loss experienced from the filter itself, Pass Band and Cross talk well within specifications for overall system performance.  Desired “flat tops” are achieved for each channel, providing uniform tolerance of incoming light within an acceptable bandwidth with minimal noise.

Remember that this is achieved in a CMOS fabrication flow at low cost and with the smallest possible foot print.

Also when we speak of who POET is working with it could be many companies including MACOM. I googled “MACOM business in China” and the search results come back with this:

https://ir.macom.com/news-releases/news-release-details/macom-and-goertek-form-joint-venture-service-chinas-5g-build-out

l did not look into this any further but it is I think Vivek’s influence has been more significant  that most us believe on this company including the number of positions at POET which have become filled with MACOM people.      

New Message
Please login to post a reply