Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Yes mistakes were made but at that time I think management were between a rock and a hard place so  they went along  and we took a ride that we are still paying for today. Unfortunately they could have likely done so much better if they stayed with their Canadian base. But that is water under the bridge now and we have to deal with that reality.

The thing is why wasn’t this barrier anticipated? There is such a thing in my opinion of being too tight lipped. Someone should have thrown the .52 warrant holders a bone to let them know that their warrants have huge value so sit tight for just a little longer and let’s make some real money. Pretty sure it happens all the time but I think POET is trying to really play by strict rules because there is too much at stake. 

My better half (the smart one in the family) reminded me that it  was 10  years ago (give or  take) when  I  and  couple friends  were heading to Connecticut for the AGM and lab tour. Dr Taylor was very pumped and proud about this GaAs platform and what they had achieved. Telling us that there were tricks that were required to take the laser through a high temperature anneal so no one could copy it. I think what he said was true and when the company moved to San Jose he turned his back and did not help fill in those holes. The knowhow and trade secrets as he explained to us was indeed a barrier for anyone to try and copy his work. I never expected it to be a barrier for us.

There is no question in my mind of the capability for the OI platform to be really big and have a major impact on the need for lower cost optical integration.  Why else did Sanan enter into the JV? They are not a niche player. The footprint of their facilities extends for miles.

Anyway what we own is pretty awesome and it is ready for prime time but the higher the prise the greater the control by those who pull the strings.  What we own is truly special and we have some real technical brilliance working for POET.   

We cannot allow the execution to commercial production to be screwed up by any miss steps.

Not now, not after all we have been through.

New Message
Please login to post a reply