Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

My better half (the smart one in the family) reminded me that it  was 10  years ago (give or  take) when  I  and  couple friends  were heading to Connecticut for the AGM and lab tour. Dr Taylor was very pumped and proud about this GaAs platform and what they had achieved. Telling us that there were tricks that were required to take the laser through a high temperature anneal so no one could copy it. I think what he said was true and when the company moved to San Jose he turned his back and did not help fill in those holes. The knowhow and trade secrets as he explained to us was indeed a barrier for anyone to try and copy his work. I never expected it to be a barrier for us.

-----------

John,

Do you think there is animosity between Taylor and POET? I have noticed a number of the patents issued over the past few years still have his name on them, even though they belong to POET. To me that indicates there is still some sort of two-way relationship taking place. 

At some point then, if there is an ongoing collaboration, would it not be made public in some fashion, especially if the GaAs material and its 4th terminal issue were to be taken up again for further development as relates to the commercialization of one or more products?

New Message
Please login to post a reply