Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

gordonhead. You are correct that there is an element that has been booted but I  think  what slab is talking about is the long  term people here who have followed the company’s progress very diligently and express their honest opinions (good and bad) about how they see the company’s progress. 

It has been a learning experience for all of us and I think we now understand how POET management have positioned this company for success with a very unique technology and a platform that has all the right capabilities to become a leader in optical integration. This at a time when the underlying need is growing very quickly.  Industry has yet to come up with a solution that compares in terms of readiness. 

I think the large majority here are now in the camp that the company is accelerating towards commercial deployment of a platform that will have a major impact on how companies achieve their goals/needs for optical integration.  

It very much looks like POET will be the first company to produce true waver level integration of electronics and photonics and all the advantages that are associated with a microfabrication flow. A level of efficiency and reliability that has dominated the electronic industry.

Suresh has combined the most advanced packaging technologies for electronics with photonics in a way that achieves optimization objectives needed and the ability to grow with new devices enabling the highest levels of reliability.

And it can grow with industry. Roughly 400 optical engines can fit on an 8 inch wafer. That number turns into a 1000 for a 12 inch  wafer.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply