Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I agree Killer. They extended those warrants in good faith with a realistic belief that the news that has been issued over the time period would be enough to drive the share price up but clearly that effort has been blocked by market forces. 

Comes a time when you realise that good news is being wasted in the current environment. There seems to be a belief that once the .75 warrants expire this will reduce resistance. 

So if we consider the update to the option plan which allowed a slight increase to the available options.  Again an assumption at the time had to be that progress would have brought the buying necessary to bring in warrants to expand the option pool.  Did not happen.

So ultimately the only way options can be made available right now is by in-the-money options being exercised. That of course puts money directly into the  POET bank account and makes options available for new staff.

I think the reason there is a belief that the .75 option expiration will help the stock price is that the .52 warrant holders will react to the removal of the .75 overhang and that continued news flow could drive the share price significantly. So far those covered shorts appear to  have been in control but I would expect that they  will be  eager to see  the share price move much  higher with greater rewards.

So I will be very interested to see if the big sell blocks presumably associated with the .52 warrant holders become lifted after the .75 warrants expire. 

Clearly something needs to change. Interestingly the .75 warrant expiry date is November 17 and the Sidoc presentation is on November 19.

My fingers are crossed that we are going to see a change for the good next week.

And as a reminder. We are so lucky to have Suresh as our CEO. It has been his mission to bring optical integration to the semiconductor world for a very long time. We had a chance to ask him about his history in those efforts during one of  the private debenture meetings to discuss POET’s potential to disrupt the optical integration landscape. Right away it was easy to see that he has been on this path for much of his working history and I was left with the impression that the optical interposer will be the first technology that he is commercializing for POET and not the last by any means. 

Have a great weekend everybody. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply