Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

One of the key statements that TM provided which in my opinion hit the nail on the head. Anywhere there is a connection to fiber is a market for POET. So think about it this way… POET has created the ability to connect light in the same way the semiconductor world connects electronics.

POET uses the most advanced electronic packaging system that is used for cell phones and adds an optical layer to it to expand its functionality.

So whether we are talking electronics or photonics the best material set for each specific function is optimized individually and connected together using the POET platform. The placement of each is also optimized. Electrical pathways are shortened and photonic chips placed in optimal positions to allow flexibility in the placement of heat sinks for efficient thermal control.

It has a level of flexibility that provides a mix and match capability that has made the electronics industry what it is today. POET is on a pathway that can duplicate that roadmap.

I expect we will begin to see the hard data numbers in December. Low cost, high performance, energy efficiency, scalability, and very low cost CAPEX to produce a very tiny package that can be applied to today’s optical integration needs and the future of edge computing.

One other key statement that caught my attention.  I asked Vivek a year ago whether POET would consider a licensing model for the interposer and the response was that this was yet to be determined. Seems that answer at this time is no. They don’t need to as capacity can be ramped by POET at little cost to meet very high demands.

Rogue, thanks  for your valued contributions  to this forum!!!! And really there are so many here that  make this forum a very special  place.

New Message
Please login to post a reply