Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Rainer, how many reverse splits have you witnessed? This can be very painful in the next several months and can set us back considerably. 

"Psychologically, the effect is detrimental, because … well, many investors do think so, even if essentially nothing changes."

Yes in an ideal world essentially nothing changes, but this isn't an ideal world!

Let me give an example of what I have seen many times using a 3 to 1 ratio as an example. Stock today sits at .80 cents. You say nothing changes so the equivalent is $2.40 after split and you have 1/3 the shares. Great! Now due to change in investor sentiment that traditionally happens in these scenarios (not all the time but most of the time) the stock drops down to .50-60 cents losing a tonne of our value. Now we split and we are at around $1.60-$1.80 now which is only double the share price today but we only have 1/3 of the shares. Not saying this is going to happen but the chances are against us from seeing this over and over again. Not something I would have expected at this stage to say the least. Then often after split the stock drops even further in the short term and then we have a long climb back up to $2.40 just to be on par. Heck, without the split we may have been at $1 in a few weeks as we continue to have momentum which would be equivalent to $3. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply