Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I cannot imagine that there is a single  soul on this board that does not believe that a POET share is worth more than its current traded price. 

Why?

Because we all surmise from management's statements during the recent increased level of 'pitching their wares and skills' that they have attracted customers who are sampling their customised optical Interposer in a range of verticals in what is a wide and burgeoning market for optical integrated circuits.  

We have learnt  that one customer is a tier one supplier. I think I'm right in saying there are at least six others.  Remember that in the AI vertical alone, a normally conservative CFO used the term 'this is huge'. 

Think also, that in the Super Photonics joint venture and recent 'tape out' that we can be pretty certain that POET management signals that they have the capacity to build OIC orders received from customers in the latter part of 2021. BUT do they have the funds?

Furthermore, the JV is surely the biggest statement of belief in the validity of POET products that can be made given SANAN's leading reputation and investment.

Finally, the OI answers what is considered to be a search for the Holy Grail and stumbling block in the progress of the optical industry - Manufacturing OIC on mass using existing tools at an affordable price and high quality of performance.

The sum of shareholder value embedded in all the above statements is a nebulous notion, we will have a different figure in mind but you would not be here at risk unless it was not a compelling figure.

This said, I find it appalling that so many here have gone all shaky kneed and fearsome, having accepted for so many years such huge risks, simply to crumble at the last hurdle over one proposal made by management who have carefully built our trust over the last few years, simply over the  prospect of a RS move to the NASDAQ . A move that will place this company in a more realistic position to raise capital, if needed and it may be. I see this as essential to enable the Company get through its growth phase before income and profitability afforded by sales from a growing customer base.   

Surely, there is a danger that the  advantage of developing a disruptive product during the R&D phase could be lost unless the company taps into the commercial finance base offered by the NAS, particularly where speed may be of an essence.  The alternative could otherwise be something like the dreaded fiasco we saw previously or potential failure by not grasping the nettle and maintaining momentum at the right moment.

Therefore support management as they have clearly worked to demonstrated that they are working in our interest.

If this is huge we will all benefit, but there inevitably has to be some balance between retail and commercial interests.  Organic growth is simply too slow for the growing opportunity currently being presented in 2021 and we could easily miss the boat if management is not given the financial tools necessary to be a winner.

'The ships lost for ha'pence of tar comes to mind'.

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply