Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I thought I would clarify what some may have misunderstood by the following statements that I highlighted.

[29:32, TM] Well it feels like I’m really behind in it because there is a lot to do in a short period of time. But we’re intending to not only have the live demos but also to have some videos available for people who visit the website. If they can’t arrange a live demo via the streaming, over that week, we’ll have a video of the live demo to show with some animations and a professionally done video that will feature the interposer, feature the optical engines, and the products we intend to announce either before or during the convention.

From Thursday’s news release: Poet Technologies Inc. has completed the design of a 100G LR4 (four-channel long reach) optical engine with a reach of 10 kilometres for client-side interconnects to data centres, enterprises and edge computing networks.

That is an example of a product announcement and as Tom reported they expect to have more product announcements either before or during OFC.

Do not confuse this with the next statement I highlighted.

[24:20 TM] Yeah. It will be. We will first have it at the OFC, on their page, and we’ll port that over to the Poet website. I did want to add one thing. In our last conversation, Suresh really recommended that shareholders focus not on revenue for 2021, but on design wins. And so, we expect to have those design wins, which is really an indication that our technology is being taken up and that revenue will follow. And those are the kinds of announcements that we expect to make for the balance of this year.

That should be viewed as design wins are expected to be announced as customers receive their samples and as we know samples are expected to be in the hands of those customers beginning Q3.

One of the interesting takeaways from the interview which I think should be emphases is that alpha samples are built to well established standards thus as Vivek stated only minor tweaking should be required to meet customer specific designs needs.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply