Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: POET Technologies Ships First Optical Engines Samples to Customers

Rick,

I agree that the delay may have been legal, or related to SPX getting going, not technical. But I think that from an investor perspective it still would have been easy to clear up questions of why no design wins if no samples got out to customers.

OrangeCat,

From today's news release it sounds like Poet is going to Beta not on customers experience but from Poet's own testing. Yes -- that doesn't make sense from what they have told us in the past about how the industry testing cycles work. Although Vivek has hinted that certain specified designs (i.e. LR4)  make the alpha/beta process easier to get through. See below from today...

"The Alpha samples demonstrate excellent margin to the transmit link budget... Internal testing shows that only minor improvements are required for a Beta release that would meet all of the requirements for production. These changes have already been incorporated in the Beta designs, which have just been released to the mask shop for production."  

rogue

New Message
Please login to post a reply