Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I always felt that if POET could provide a deeper understanding of what this platform offers that it would be enough to attract a multitude of buyers. POET management have put a big effort towards providing investors with an understanding of what the platform can do. But so far that has not been enough. Clearly what is needed to overcome the resistance is proof that customers and partners are adopting this platform. Note I did not say potential customers and partners in keeping with the language that Suresh used in this recent news release    “A number of customers and business partners will be taking delivery of samples now and in the coming months”  

So as we wait for announcements that I believe are coming of the adoption of both POET products that they are now demonstrating and the development of products that are new innovations I thought it would build investor confidence if POET could provide some insights into how they achieve industry leading results.

What gives POET’s waveguides the capability to take light from a 10 micron SMF about 1/10 of a human hair and couple it into a PIC with minimal loss?  POET has achieved the industry's best fiber to interposer coupling loss of <.5dB. How can they mode match different devices without leaking light, fix the wavelength and propagate the signal with minimal loss or deviation from the target wavelength. And build this in an automated process at high throughput with significant cost savings over existing systems. The small footprint and high density both lowers the cost of materials and provides the ability to innovate. Recall Suresh talked about how size matters and how this small footprint can allow unique innovations that have not been possible before.

I thought that as we wait for news of customer adoption and partners those insights into how POET produces these ground-breaking results would be beneficial to existing and new shareholders.

It is clear however that in providing investors with this level of information (a white paper) describing process to boost investor confidence that competition would benefit from this knowledge.

POET has excelled where others have failed. The optical interposer and how they are able to apply it without stressing the underlying wafer and produce very unique waveguides, well that is something they do not want anyone to know about and for good reason.     

I will now return to the background. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply