Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Let me caveat my next few comments by the fact that my background lies in finance and not technology. That being said, I’ve now listened to the Reddit Q&A twice, not only as a means of gathering additional information but also listening and looking for how Suresh chose to deliver such information. My main takeaway from the interview was that this is no longer a question of “how” but rather “how fast”; or rather “when”. I know many will think we’ve been saying this for some time now. I myself am a long term investor (5+ years) and have never sold 1 share, only adding over time. In this interview, it is clear to me that success for the company is imminent; particularly in China. Europe also high potential and U.S. a lesser priority for now. The JV in China alone is enough to propel shareholder value. The interview also made clear to me that Suresh feels that AS SOON as they can “execute” on one product and show “scalability” it will open many more doors. Near the end he also speaks to many EEs that have left solid employment elsewhere to jump on the PTK bandwagon. I now strongly believe there will be value generated for shareholders in the coming quarters. Where they have failed to date vis-a-vis the market is in (I) how and when they have chosen to disseminate information, the (II) underestimation a stock sale would have on impetus growth of share value, and finally (III) the overhanging question of how management intents to handle desired up-listing to Nasdaq. I personally feel the last point is a very important one. I believe the company needs to be more vocal in reassuring current investors that no hostile R/S will occur JUST BECAUSE management believes or has been told by advisors that a move to NASDAQ is the only way to increase corporate value. Management (or newly formed committee) must reiterate the fact they will only make this move to the big boy exchange from a position of power; NO EXCEPTION. Going back to our current share price, certain we all share Suresh’s view that we are “undervalued”. I believe this is a consequence of various factors: complex technology, macro, and ALSO market manipulation. As we near more design wins and revenue generation, the story will simplify itself. The question remains when will market begin to value the expectation of those future cash flows??? That time is coming and may only be a news release away. Think about how many companies today are worth billions and have yet to have earned ANY revenues. Just my two cents. Sandman 

New Message
Please login to post a reply