Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Yesterday, I was travelling with work and got the chance to catch up on POET on my way back home.  I only read here, Reddit and Stocktwits and I have to say....I was somewhat concerned. 

I have always said that one should listen to the company...not the noise on forums.  This morning, I have managed to watch the presentation for myself.  If anyone is concerned about their investment and hasn't watched it....I really recommend you do.  

One of my concerns were some missing numbers on their projections, notably the $100m.  We can argue til the cows come home about what contracted, commited and engaged means (although this was covered as well). My take is that the numbers on slide 17 are as firm as they can get. The numbers were always going to be small at first and this is in line with their estimates from the start.  It appears from where I'm standing, that there is confusion over the actual revenue, but this is on track to get to the triple digit millions in a few years (especially when the 400G Transmit arrives).

More importantly IMO is the concerns over funding.  If you listen to the chat boards....there's going to be a financing soon............no.....there.....is.....not.....! "We are not immediately going out to the market for funding....(and).....the best thing we can do do is execute on the business plan".  This is only a consideration later down the line, which they have communiated in the past.  I also believe there was some talk about multiple options around that as well, although I would have to listen back.

So.....we are on track and we do not need a near term financing....! Did I say we don't need to do a financing in the near term....?

I was chatting to my neighbour last night .... his whole portfoilio is currently in the red.  The markets were in the red big time yesterday.  POET is not immune to macro factors.  After listening to the company, I am no longer concerns and I am more optimistic that ever, especially for not needing a financing.

I urge you all to listen to the recording....the sky is most definately not falling.

GLTAL

Monk

New Message
Please login to post a reply