Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I was a bit surprised the day of the AGM when Poet showed a 400G TX with Lithium Niobate that more people weren't shocked. We were supposed to have a demo at the CIOE but it was postponed. I understand the TX is more complicated to produce but was anyone else expecting Lithium Niobate to be part of the process?

This is part of an interview with Andy Bechtolsheim from Arista Networks commenting on Lithium Niobate.

However, silicon photonics has one big problem, which is that it is a high insertion loss modulator. You need an enormous amount of laser power to make up for the fact that you’re going to lose roughly 15 dB between the laser and the way out. So to reduce power, the best technology is actually not silicon photonics, but newer technologies, including thin film lithium niobate and barium titanate, and there are others doing organic modulators and even graphene modulators.

https://www.nextplatform.com/2022/03/10/talking-silicon-photonics-signal-and-noise-with-andy-bechtolsheim/

Now Theresa Lan Ende of Arista is on the BOD for Poet. 

Im not saying this is her sole purpose of  being here but shouldn't we be a bit more excited about this? Share price sucks I know but if all the things are lining up we should see some big developments.

Now technically speaking I do not know all of the variations that take place in creating this product but would love to hear others view on this.

New Message
Please login to post a reply