Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

We'll, we've heard from Suresh. I wish he could say more but we'll have to wait until Nov 15

He had a lot of optimism the last few years and now he's running out of cash and the reality has set in. 

I believe the NRE statements are to encourage us that customers are seeing Poet's approach and are willing to take that next step in committing funds to a project.

He's given us some hard line numbers and timelines. He's doing this round of financing at lousy prices to see his vision still come to fruition. Poet believes the markets they can serve are so large the dilution will be a blip looking backwards. Let's hope their right for all our sakes.

The questions are

Do you still believe Poet has bleeding edge technology and will be in a position to capture the product cycles as they mature? Intel just got out of the business because they can't produce what the market needs using silicon photonics to get there. They see the writing on the wall, integration is the only way to get there and they either don't have the platform or can't conceive how to do it and they have all the money to fund that project.

Do you see Poet's clients jumping ship for a better solution ? Where will Adva go since they needed the smallest form factor available because their solution has very little room for the optics? Where will CAI go to find a cheaper light source as Poet is the only one that doesn't use "costly laser arrays".

Ayar labs and CAI's products which will be leading edge won't hit the market until 2025 at the earliest yet no one is saying they suck. These markets they serve are going to be massive.

The reality is that he's ventured into an area requiring some of the most sophisticated solutions in technology period. This ain't rocket science, that stuff is easy in comparison. Suresh seems to be opening doors, Ai, 800-1.6t transceivers, but those solutions won't mature until later 2024 into 2025

The number 1 question

Do you believe in Suresh?

After all the money I've lost on paper, I still do and I will support his vision as the massive market opportunities are still in front of us, unless someone does something better. Let's all stay focused on the marketplace to see who's taking charge. Suresh thinks at 800-1.6 the competition is hitting the wall, maybe that's why he's still so driven to see this through.

SP

New Message
Please login to post a reply