Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Fires are to the East and West of us, a couple of miles away at this point unless the wind changes.  The smoke is really thick here. The winds have been unpredictable.  I have friends who have lost their homes, mostly in the Silverado area.  We are ok right now but have belongings packed if mandatory evacuations are ordered.  I haven't posted much recently as my project, the same one I mentioned previously continues.  It is in Calistoga, they have mandatory evacuations there now.  Apparently, you can stay if you choose to and protect your property.  I went up there Wed. to help the owner spray down the roof.  He bought 600 ft. of 1 1/2" fire hose and hooked it up to the fire hydrant.  That worked well.  Later we went to the Fire Station there to get a status report.  This was before the evacuation notice.  The one guy there was very helpful but his weather/wind outlook wasn't very enlightening.  They just didn't know what to expect with the winds.  Later that day they issued the evacuation notice there.  Calistoga was like a ghost town.  Never saw it with empty streets like that.  You can get gas in Napa at some gas stations.  In Calistoga, not so much.  Food at the grocery stores either.  Most of them are closed.  Lots of the roads are closed too.  My shop in Napa has been ok.   Luckily I hired some guys to clear combustible material from around the building couple of weeks ago.  Most of Napa City has been spared, except the East and West edges of town.  Cell phone service has been sporadic.   Same with the Internet.  Prayers are welcomed.  Not for me so much but for the folks around here.  It's too bad it takes an emergency like this to bring people together, but there really is a community feeling here to help each other out.  EMS, Fire and Police folks are getting a lot of appreciation.  Church groups are collecting donations and provisions for those that need them and the use of their building for evacuees.  Thanks for caring.  BT  

New Message
Please login to post a reply