Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: "The LIst" of Chinese companies the U.S. purports have military ties to the PRC

oz:  "Second - thanks for that red hot list okiedo.

Please do acknowledge the following:

1 July 2019, ledinside.com - China’s Sanan Optoelectronics Removed from US Red-flad List......"

oz, the link I posted referred to a list as of 17 November 2020.  I mentioned nothing at all in that post or any other post about any list on Chinese companies with ties to the military of the PRC in effect back on or before 1 July 2020.  I believe part of the reason for your post was to point out that things have changed since 1 July.  Of course they have.  My point was and remains that they may change again.

One more thing, oz, I wasn't even aware that Sanan had been on the list previously until you brought it up.  My purpose was only to illustrate in specific detail that the political implications for business in the future between  business in the U.S. and China would be colored to a great extent by such things as this type of list on the US side.  In addition, although I didn't mention it in my post, the PRC doesn't have its hands tied and certainly they have the option to take their own countermeasures in regards to US-China trade situations.  To assume that business relations between the two countries might proceed in the near future in the same way they have in the recent past is an assumption that might not hold water much longer.

I think you are making more out of it than was my intent, but that is your right.  Thanks for your viewpoint, I always respect your exceptional knowledge.  Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply