Welcome To The Porto Energy Corp HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

http://community.nasdaq.com/News/2011-06/chen-lin-capitalize-on-oil-stock-fluctuations(2).aspx?storyid=79534

I have pasted the Porto Energy part of the article below:

CL: Another company is Porto Energy Corp. (TSX.V:PEC) . It's a new addition to my newsletter. It owns almost 100% of a big land package in Portugal, but the area has not had any modern exploration yet, and so it's a virgin play. There are top-notch people on board from Devon Energy Corp. ( DVN ) , including Joe Ash, who ran the Devon International division, and that was a $10 billion business. He left to run the Porto Energy startup, and it already has a natural gas discovery.

I want to add that the natural gas price in Europe is much higher than in the United States. Porto has a natural gas discovery with a much higher value than the current stock price; also, there are going to be some very exciting oil wells drilled. You can look at Porto's recent presentation to see how big it's aiming. This is an elephant, and so the upside is very big.

TER: Chen, I noted that Porto raised $70 million with its IPO back on March 28th. Did you buy in at the IPO, or after the IPO?

CL: Oh, I didn't participate in the IPO. I already participated in the placement earlier, about two years ago. But I bought from the open market recently, when the price dropped below the IPO.

TER: You said it was a virgin play. Will that $70 million take it to production?

CL: It will take the gas into production. My understanding is that Porto will start producing the gas already discovered in the first half of next year. The good thing about these small companies is that if they drill a well, and it's successful, they can start pumping oil and then truck it out. There are two refineries in Portugal, and both are importing oil. So I think they'll probably be more than happy to replace that with domestic oil, and as soon as the oil flow starts, cash flow will start.

TER: Will the gas production fund operations for oil?

CL: The $70 million will fund the drilling campaign this year and next; next year, the plan is to start selling gas. Joe Ash told me that if oil is found, it's very unlikely that Porto will be an independent company a year from now.

New Message
Please login to post a reply