High-Grade Gold Projects

Red Lake and Geraldton are Canada's PREMIER addresses for gold

Free
Message: Premier Implements COVID-19 Response Plan at Mercedes Mine

2020-04-01 06:34:00 PM ET (CNW Group)

PREMIER GOLD MINES LIMITED ("Premier", "the Company") (TSX: PG) (OTCPK: PIRGF) today announced that the Mercedes mine is in the process of taking final steps to place the mine into care and maintenance as part of action required in order to help protect the health of our employees, their families and neighboring communities from the growing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic. This action is in response of the Mexican federal government's mandate that all non-essential businesses temporarily suspend operations until April 30(th), 2020.

On site activity will be limited to work required to prevent irreversible damage to the mine or the surrounding environment as a result of suspending normal operations. Precautionary measures and controls to help protect the care and maintenance personnel will be taken. These measures will include a requirement for employees on site to remain at the mine for extended periods to limit the potential for transfer of the virus.

To date, there are no known or suspected cases of COVID-19 infection among mine personnel.

The mine's strategy of enhanced hygiene practices and other precautionary measures and controls will continue. These practices include, but are not limited to, avoiding all physical contact, daily medical check-ups including body temperature measurement, physical distancing, increased cleaning and sanitation and continued education on good hygiene.

The Federal government mandate is in effect until April 30(th), 2020. Given the uncertainty surrounding the progression of the COVID-19 outbreak in Mexico, the Company has therefore decided to withdraw production guidance for 2020 and will continue to monitor the situation and adjust operations accordingly as developments unfold.

Mining activities at South Arturo are continuing with no significant interruption to date.

Premier Gold Mines Limited is a gold-producer and respected exploration and development company with a high?quality pipeline of precious metal projects in proven, accessible and safe mining jurisdictions in Canada, the United States, and Mexico. Premier remains focused on creating a low-cost, mid-tier gold producer through its two producing gold mines; South Arturo and Mercedes, and through future mine development opportunities at Hardrock in Ontario (Greenstone Gold JV) where permitting and development initiatives are ongoing and McCoy-Cove in Nevada.

This Press Release contains certain information that may constitute "forward-looking information" under applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking information includes, but is not limited to, statements with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic, the impact of the pandemic on Premier and the impact of government action aimed at ameliorating the pandemic on the workforce, business and operations of Premier, strategic plans, , including future operations, future work programs, capital expenditures, discovery and production of minerals, price of gold and currency exchange rates, mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates and corporate and technical objectives. Forward-looking information is necessarily based upon a number of assumptions that, while considered reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors which may cause the actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-l ooking information, including the scope, duration and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the scope, duration and impact of regulatory responses to the pandemic on the employees, business and operations of Premier and the broader market the risks inherent to the mining industry, adverse economic and market developments and the risks identified in Premier's annual information form under the heading "Risk Factors". There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. All forward-looking information contained in this press release is given as of the date hereof and is based upon the opinions and estimates of management and information available to management as at the date hereof. Premier disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, wh ether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.

SOURCE Premier Gold Mines Limited

View original content to download multimedia: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/April2020/01/c6474.html

SOURCE: Premier Gold Mines Limited

please contact: Ewan Downie, President & CEO, 1.888.346.1390,
[email protected], www.premiergoldmines.com
New Message
Please login to post a reply