High-Grade Gold Projects

Red Lake and Geraldton are Canada's PREMIER addresses for gold

Free
Message: Premier Implements Withdraws 2020 Production Guidance at Mercedes Mine, But South Arturo Continuing Without Interruption To Date

Premier Implements Withdraws 2020 Production Guidance at Mercedes Mine, But South Arturo Continuing Without Interruption To Date

posted on Apr 02, 2020 07:49AM

2020-04-02 07:24:18 AM ET (MT Newswires)

07:24 AM EDT, 04/02/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Premier Gold Mines (PG.TO) said overnight Wednesday that the Mercedes mine is finalizing steps to place the mine into care and maintenance as part of COVID-19 action and as a result of the Mexican federal government mandate to suspend operations of non-essential businesses until April 30.

Amid the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, the company has withdraw production guidance for 2020. But, mining activities at South Arturo are continuing without interruption to date.

Premier will continue to monitor the situation and adjust operations, according to a statement.

Further, the gold producer has no known or suspected cases of COVID-19 infection among mine personnel to date.

Shares on Wednesday edged up 4.2% to $1.24 apiece in a 52-week range of $0.85 - 2.55.

New Message
Please login to post a reply