TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Re: M& A..

posted on Apr 12, 2010 11:25AM

I don't disagree with your point, h_rattle, but the fact remains that even juniors who hit upon spectacular finds still have to prove up a resource before a major will take a real interest, and that takes many years.

One stock I own - BBR - was just purchased by OSK for its Hammond Reef project. That find was spectacular, but it took a number of years to put together the resource numbers that would pique someone's interest. And OSK itself may be taken out by a major, but it has been around a long time proving up its very large deposit at Malartic.

I own several other junior stocks that have done extremely well after certain spectacular finds, but no buy outs seem imminent since the resource numbers have not been defined, or are too low to be of current interest.

I don't believe a major would be interested in the Kodiak story even if we pulled out some spectacular hits. For sure I would be happy, and the stock price would respond, but the point of the original post was a takeover and, I don't believe that would happen until all the necessary infill drilling was done that pointed to a worthwhile resource.

New Message
Please login to post a reply