A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Dear Dufjam,

I saw this Friday and needed to confirm my understanding with my team before I replied.

Thanks for being patient.

The crystallization phase (directional solidification) should help remove some impurities and this is something we are considering for the pilot phase of the project.  However, we do not anticipate that this method will take care of all impurities.  As such, it would not be prudent to say that we will produce 6N solar material using directional solidification alone.

On a separate note, and probably more interesting, is that we have found that there are solar panels that can use 5N, and possibly even 4N…which is huge news. 

Also, the fact that we have, at a bench test scale, taken low purity quartz and made at least 3N+ material is, in my opinion, a huge breakthrough on its own which I do not believe the market has fully appreciated; there is a huge demand for 3N+ material. 

All this to say that, on our way to producing solar grade material, we are finding that the original value proposition seems to have significantly increased as a result of these findings. 

Hope this helps, and thanks for following us and taking the time and interest to post here.

Sincerely,

P. Pascali

CEO

PyroGenesis Canada Inc.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply