A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Hi Peter,

I thought I’d take a different tack today. Instead if asking about Pyrogenesis, I thought it would be interesting to get an insider’s perspective of what developments have been occurring in the industry as a whole. In a recent press release, you mentioned that the industry is changing rapidly, and I’m sure what we see in the press is but a fraction of the story. With the caveat that I’m of course not asking you to disclose any confidential or proprietary information, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts/insights on the following:

1. How far along is the aviation industry’s adoption of 3d printing? I know there are a handful of parts that have been certified and are currently in the air (most recently airframe brackets I believe), but the real Pandora’s Box in my mind are the critical engine parts and other components. Are companies still aggressively reimagining and redesigning engines to utilize 3d printing, and have they had success getting parts through the certification gauntlet?

2. Are any other industries rapidly adopting and driving growth in the 3d printing sector (auto makers, for instance)?

3. What is the latest with the penetration of binder jet technology (Desktop Metals, Markforged, etc.)? Six months ago, I felt like every other headline was about this new method, but I haven’t seen as much about it since.

4. Is the market for powder-bed additive manufactured products and applications continuing to grow?

5. Open mic. Any interesting developments that you’re witnessing that you’d be interested in sharing.

As always, I appreciate your time and your willingness to interact with your shareholders. Keep up the good work.

Kindest regards,

JLM

New Message
Please login to post a reply