A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

HK,

No worries.  It’s been a long week and I should have known that. I figured it was something along those lines…just wanted to make sure.

What a question… very very personal.  A unique challenge to answer to be sure… and in a public forum to boot. Wow.

Let me see….

I think it was Mark Twain that said “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”  I would suggest there is a third day and that is the day you understand how… how you can fulfil the why.  Put in the context of your question I would have to say that 2018 was the year we found out the answer to how.  That is not to say that before 2018 we were wondering aimlessly in a state of darkness striving for light and guidance.  No, not at all.  We were extremely focused on our strategies to get us to our goal, and confident in our ability to get there.   We focused with the end game in mind, careful not to be distracted by the Odysseus-like Sirens that have led to the downfall of many companies travelling the seas of growth.  Always focused, always confident, always guided by our morals…no short cuts. 

So, in short 2018, in terms of my career, it has to rank as close to 10 as one can get.  Particularly over the last few months which culminated yesterday with the closing bell: people are finally getting what I am doing.

So where does that leave 2019?  More of the same.  How could it not?

Want to cross the line into cheesy and tacky?  How about this.  Let me leave you with a song attributed to each year which to some degree answers your question of where 2018 and 2019 stack up in terms of my career.  Be careful to not attribute every word of the lyrics to each year, particularly 2019; it can’t be a perfect fit but you will get the gist of it:

2018:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGoCtJzPHkU

2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cia_v4vxfE

That is not to say there will not be challenges ahead.  There will be, of course.  Which will be meet as they have in the past.  With focus, confidence, and dedication all strongly grounded in morals.  That formula has worked well for me for a very long time.

Have a great balance to your weekend.

Sincerely, 

Peter

New Message
Please login to post a reply