A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Jan 10, 2019 12:38AM

Dear Hilbert,

Your questions are not an annoyance at all.  They are well thought out and they, I believe, help others here better understand what we are doing.  That’s the beauty of this platform.

Indeed, the plasma torch would be used to replace fossil fuel burners in the iron ore induration (palletization) process.  In conventional technology, the process heat is provided by fuel burners. The combustion, in the burners, of natural gas, heavy oil and/or pulverized coal results in the production of very important amounts of CO2. For example, a typical pellet plant producing 10 million metric tonnes of pellets annually, emits about one million metric tonnes of CO2. Therefore, the total world pellet production of 400 million metric tonnes of pellets corresponds to the production of about 40 million metric tonnes of CO2.  This is equivalent to 8.5 million cars on the road, year after year.  That’s huge!

You are right. Once deployed, our patented torch will have substantial environmental benefits in the reduction of GHG in iron/steel production.  This contract for us is just the beginning.  As the world is gearing towards a carbon free economy, we believe that the use of plasma torches with zero CO2 emissions to replace fossil fuel burners in all types of industrial applications is the way of the future.

The fact that this press release got lost In the noise of everything else we announced, I believe, is a testament to how well we are doing on all fronts in the Company.

Again, Hilbert, thanks for posting here.  I trust this answered your questions to your total satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Peter

Jan 18, 2019 03:35AM
Jan 20, 2019 09:45AM
Jan 21, 2019 11:04AM
Jan 29, 2019 02:01PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply