A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Hogey, 

I’ve researched both Scepter and Elysis. Very little info on Scepter other than its recovery rates that you pointed out. It seems it achieves this without the use of salt flux. It’s Opex is likely higher than Drosrite as it uses a plasma arc and may only be economical in low cost power  locations such as QC. 

Elysis is a whole new process for smelting aluminum but it appears to focus on changing the current process of separating aluminum oxide from the molten cryolite. Since dross forms after the molten aluminum exits the cryolite solution. This is my belief based on them highlighting a new anode and cathode being used in place of current materials.  It appears to be the step before dross forms and at this point it seems dross would still be produced once the molten Al exited the electoysis stage and oxidized when coming into contact with air. 

I’m keeping an eye on it but it’s difficult to find much information. The below video should help illustrate what the Elysis technology appears to be targeting. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDHeYI-a00

HK

New Message
Please login to post a reply