A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Message: Why issuing shares + warrants if intending to Buy back shares?

Dear Poetech2,

Yes, as you correctly point out, the timing could have been better…. but sometimes we are not in control of timing.

For the record:

The pp was set days before and had to be press released…no question about that.

Similarly, the buy back, which had its history in a press release from last year (which is referred to in the buyback Press Release) … was only just approved…and had to be press released as well…

Now onto the substance of your question…

…without talking out of school I will suggest there are many more possible reasons for this weird timing beyond the one you propose which, as you rightfully infer, would be ridiculous if directly connected.

Now let me begin by saying that I am not claiming any of the following ossibilities are true…I am not even suggesting that the reason is amongst the ones I will discuss below…all I am doing is putting these press releases into a “posable” bigger context…

First, the amounts:  the pp is for under $200K, the buyback for over $6MM.  Too big a difference to be related.  In fact, the pp is so small as to be negligible.

Second, the PP itself:  interesting to note is that it was done above market when usually pp's atre done at a discount to market.  In fact, the pp was done significantly above market if you consider that the price was proobably discussed a few days before when the stock was at 51-52 cents.  Good sign I would say.  PP’s above market tend to get noticed…

Third, timing:  One event has an immediate impact (the PP), the other (the buy back) is over the next 12 months.

Fourth, other recent news: timing may be connected to recent news…we came out with two bits of news recently; the immediate cancelation of a small contract….and longer-term news of a $20mm contract with a significant down payment in the next few weeks….

Hope that helps,a nd that I provided an interesting perspective that can be used, not only here, but with other stocks you may be following (but why you would want to follow anything but Pyro is anybody's guess  ;-)  )

Have a great balance to your weekend,

Peter

New Message
Please login to post a reply