A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Message: Electrification of the heat treatment process for iron ore pelletization at LKAB

Hilbert, Would you agree that there are many new investors coming on this message board?

If you agree that is true, then you would also understand that the it might be a good idea that this “Thesis” (and especially the plasma chapter where folks can just advance to that portion though I’d recommend the entire thing so people have an understanding as to why companies are GOING the plasma direction) be read by new investors who are totally unaware of the science behind the plasma torch.

Your statement kind of intimates to folks that there is nothing to see there and that couldn’t be further from the truth so respectfully, please do not discount a technical post such as this and let folks make up their own minds.

I am a fairly smart guy after 58 years on planet earth. Learned many thanks nhs the hard way at that. 

This thesis is kind of the Bible as to why we are about to advance the company. 

Let’s not take the potential for those who are New a chance to understand the technology.  I see nowhere in the Thesis where Westinghouse is mention but I absolutely see where Pyrogenesis is? Just a small excerpt..

So to the new kids on the block, a great read on the thesis of why we will be the winning technology is embedded in that paper.

“The operating costs for a typical 2 MW fuel oil burner have been compared with a 2 MW air plasma torch by Pyrogenesis [33]. As can be seen in the table 2.1 below, there is a significant potential for reduction of operating costs. A cost reduction of around 23% is achieved in this example. Cost reductions become even higher when considering applications such as iron ore pelletization, cement kilns and metallic ore roasters since these type of plants can have a large number of burners.

Table 2.1: Annual operating costs for a 2 MW fuel oil burner and air plasma torch.

Replacing fossil fuels with electricity represents a great potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. However, the degree of reduction depends on how the electricity is produced. Electricity produced by renewable energy sources such as hydro, wind and solar power have very low emissions, while electricity produced in coal or natural gas power plants have much higher. A fuel oil burner emits around 115 kg CO2eq per GJ of heat while a plasma torch powered by electricity produced by hydropower only emits around 1 kg CO2eq per GJ. Retrofitting a 2 MW plasma burner in place of fuel oil burner leads to a yearly reduction of over 7 000 tonnes of CO2eq in this case. For a pelletizing plant with a thermal input of around 40 MW, a reduction of over 140 000 tonnes would be possible.”

New Message
Please login to post a reply