A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Message: Transforming PFAS destruction byproducts into something useful- Desalination

Hi Peter,

Longtime lurker, first time poster.  I've been a shareholder in Pyro for over 4 years; I found out about PYR from watching "A Plastic Ocean" on Netflix.  First off, a big congratulations on all the success you've been having, getting all the business lines up and moving toward commercialization.  So, on the one hand, you already have so many business lines, and I totally get the "low hanging fruit" analogy.  However, I saw this article, and wondered if there might be something there for Pyro.  

https://www.optimistdaily.com/2022/05/new-desalination-system-uses-teflon-like-membrane-to-make-seawater-potable/

I was wondering if there might be something useful you could do with the PFAS destruction end products, where you transform them into something useful.  Like how you can transform the Drosrite residues into valuable chemicals.  In the article, they state that the fluorine nanotubes work 2400 times faster than carbon nanotubes for desalinating water.  I think I remember hearing you guys doing something with creating carbon nanotubes, could you also make fluorine nanotubes?  Could that be created using the PFAS destruction byproducts?  

I realize you have so much on your plate, but I thought I'd pass it on.  

Thanks so much for all you are doing.  

The Torch

New Message
Please login to post a reply