Welcome To The Quadra Mining HUB On AGORACOM

Quadra provides a strong investment vehicle to movements within the base metals sector

Free

Maybe its time to BUY some copper

posted on May 19, 2009 07:40AM

When I started investing in natural resource equities 18 months ago I heard a piece of advice that I am just beginning to fully appreciate, "buy a company because of its people". This adage was touted to be the first hurdle a company needed to cross when selecting a mining stock. I was somewhat puzzled being new to this business, people don't create the rock and deposits they contain, that is geology and something I can understand

I get it now, the first reason to buy Quadra is because of Howard Bradley and Jack Miller! These guys are hard working, they have set excellence as their standard of performance, they understand the bottom line and have “tons” of experience. I know that Quadra’s mines are operating as close to peak efficiency as possible because of their leadership, a continuing improvement on cash costs is evidence of this ($1.15/lb.). I worked with Jack Miller and Howard Bradley as the MineGeologist at the Castle Mountain Mine (Viceroy Resources) in 1987-1990. Jack was the Mine Manager and Howard was the Mine Engineer. We evaluated the deposit and planned this mine and did some innovative things there. I developed the highest regard for them. They are still working together and they are tops IMHO.

So now lets look what Quadra has. Quadra is ramping up new copper production as I write. They are producing copper ingots at $1.15 per pound, which is creating cash flow in the worst base metals Markey in recent memory… and they have copper for days!!! They have mines in Nevada and Chile with great projects in Chile and Greenland. Just take a look at there story. A great place to start DD is looking at the may 14, 2009 Annual Meeting presentation at this link;

http://www.quadramining.com/s/Presen...

I am buying Quadra first because of Howard Bradley and Jack Miller and because they have great mines and properties. The share structure is not overly diluted with 82% of the company in institutional hands (15% retail). Quadra is profitable now and if the bottom is in then their profits will soar IMO.

IMO copper has bottomed and a recovery is on the way. The SP has gone through a recent pull-back and for myself I think this is a good entry point.

If a recovery has begun, then this company is poised to supply copper to a growing market from their operating mines. I like BIG deposits and cumulatively this company has LOTS of copper. There is still blue sky in the recently acquired mines and prospects. Their copper is not contained in a pre-feasibility study or in the dreams of an explorationist, there copper is coming out of the ground, profitably… NOW!

Check them out. Do your own DD, not investment advice. Thanks Jack and Howard for the things I learned from you.

New Message
Please login to post a reply